Tuesday 5 May 2015

Big Day tomorrow after a long day today

So. I was diagnosed with sero-negative Rheumatoid Arthritis in December and started on methotrexate (MTX). Then in January my Rheumy upped my MTX to 20mg from 15mg and added in Hydroxychloraquine, 200mg bid. I was admitted to hospital on Mothering Sunday weekend with a suspected flare up (high temperature, not able to move, suspected Mengingitis by A&E, high CRP, dehydration) and I've not responded to the current treatment very well at all. Frequent flare ups, fatigue that's crushing, pain, normal stuff really. I'm finding being a Mum to my beautiful 2 year old twins very very tough. Today, has been especially hard after a terrible weekend for me. Came back from Portugal, we went there for 1 weeks holiday, on Saturday and have been terrible every since. Had my wonderful husband's help for over a week so today was tough, without his help. Just turned on the TV and they watched TV. I feel so helpless and fed up. Seeing the lead Rheumy nurse tomorrow to discuss Biologics, fingers crossed. I was started on MTX injections a couple of weeks ago too (luckily injections don't faze me as I had 2 rounds of IVF for George and Sophie and I was a veterinary nurse for 8 years) and I saw the most wonderful nurse (one who was kind to me in December, who I mentioned in a post then!). She remembered my Mum, remembered how Poorly my mum was, in fact all the rheumatoid nurses at the hospital remember Mum. How lovely was that, for me to hear, just wonderful to remember Mum, and discuss her fabulous sense of humour! She knew how to laugh at her Rheumatoid and the trials and tribulations it bought her. Anyway, because they remembered my Mum, the nurses would like me to start on biologics as they don't think I've been hit hard enough with drugs. So tomorrow mornings appointment is an important one for me. Biologics vs another, 3rd DMARD...I will find out tomorrow. Fingers crossed I sleep better then last night. Even Amytriptaline didn't help me last night, plus paracetamol, naproxone and tramadol...Life will get better...?! It must do?! My neighbour and my cleaner (well, she's more like a housekeeper/kids entertainer) had to cook tea as I couldn't even peel a potato. A low point.
Anyway, if you've read this far, Thankyou. This RA journey is a tough one. Oh, and im thinking of writing a blog as I find writing theraputic. Plus, I've had to wave goodbye to a career in Midwifery and face facts, that will never happen....the realism of RA is striking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment